HOD's Profile: Department of Private and Business Law
NAME: Simisola O. Akintola
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
LL.B (OAU), B.L. Nig., LL.M (Georgetown)
Area of Specialisation: Law
Bioethics and Law
Department of Private and Business Law
University of Ibadan, Ibadan
Tel: 234 802 324 9990
Current Research Projects
1 .A Legal Appraisal of the Ethics of Biobanking
2. Future Use of Stored Tissue Research
1. Akintola S.O. (1994) “Urbanization: Africa’s Tower of Babel-the Nigerian Experience” In I.O. Albert, J. Adisa (ed). Urban Management Violence in Africa Ibadan, IFRA, 1994, p.1 – 8.
2. Akintola S.O. (1996) “The Effect of a Writ and other Court Processes issued Against a Dead Person” in J.D. Ojo (ed). Ibadan University Law essays Faculty of Law, pp.195 - 206
3. Augie, Akintola S.O., E.A. Taiwo Equity and the Law of Trust in Nigeria, Evans Publishers Nigeria Ltd. 2009. 50%
5. Akintola S.O. (1997): The Relationship of Master and Servant in the
Working Environment” Journal of Private and Business Law, Vol pp.45 – 55.
6 Akintola S.O. (1997): “The inadequacies of damages as a relief to libel in Nigeria” Nigeria Education Law, Journal, pp.88 – 101.
7. Akintola S.O. (2002): “Medical Negligence in Nigeria: The University of Ado-Ekiti Law Journal, pp.35-46.
8 Akintola S.O. and E.A. Taiwo (2002: “An Examination of Exparte injunction as a tool against injustice: Nigerian Education Law Journal, Vol1 No.5, pp. 67 -78. 50%
9. Akintola S.O. (2002): “Examination of constructive trust as a remedy for unjust enrichment”. Journal of Private and Business Law, U.I. vol.3, 2002. pp.130 -141.
10. Akintola S.O. (2002): “The Master and His Lady Servant. A Legal Appraisal of Protection Offered Women on the Labour Market” Journal of Private and Business Law, vol 2, pp.104 – 109.
11. Akintola S.O. (2002): “A Focus on Female discrimination and seclusion in Nigeria” Ife Juris Review vol.1 IFJ part 2.
12. Akintola S.O. (2005): “An examination of pre-action notices in Nigeria” Journal of Private and Business Law vol.2, pp.183 – 191.
13. Akintola S.O. and E.A. Taiwo (2006): “The Purchaser pendent Lite and the Issue of Notice” The modern Approach, Nigerian Law and Practice Journal, vol.7 pp.87 – 100. 50%
14. Akintola S.O. (2009): “Law as a tool of public health” African Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Volume 38 Supplement 2009.
15. S.O. Akintola and J.O. Lokulo-Sodipe (2011: “Training Module on the Legal Basis for Research Ethics in Nigeria” www.three.com. 50%
16. Nigerian Law of Equity and Trusts. Evans Bros Publishers Nig. Ltd. 2007.
17. R.N. Nwambueze and S.O. Akintola: Legal governance of research ethics in Nigeria 2010.
18. S.O. Akintola and E.A. Taiwo: An analysis of the concept of the “best interest of the child” and Nigeria’s obligation under human rights law. East African Journal of Peace and Human Right.
19. S.O. Akintola: “An examination of Intellectual Property Rights Issues in Biomedical Research in Nigeria” University of Ibadan Law Journal.
20. The Nigerian Woman and her child the remaining challenges.
Published by Demyyaks Publishers.
21. The Community health worker and Nigerian Law. Support by a grant from DFID through Centre for health research and training Ibadan. (2005)